Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A little encouragement

I think I've been a failure as a blogger.. The great ideas in the grand scheme of things regularly getting mowed over by the riding lawnmower..

I had forgotten about this rev the engine and then let it run out of gas blogging endeavor until dear ol' dad (three-score-and-ten-ormore.blogspot.com) poked me with a sharp stick this week. 

What's happened at the Blue Parrot in the last .. oh year plus?? I could write a book.. A glorious tell-all that would sell three copies (my family) and the rest would end up in the recycling.

We completed two productions this year.. The Pajama Game and Thoroughly Modern Millie...
I had one person come up after The Pajama Game and indicated that she didn't understand the show.  During the conversation I realize that she didn't understand what a Union was.. That should send shivers into the UAW.  The casts were great in both shows, but the audience turn out was sub-par.   It didn't help that a month before the first show (Pajama Game) we had to change the location of the show.  We did OK for online press coverage but the printed news coverage was scarce (kudos to the Vancouver Voice that not only publicizes shows but also sends someone out to review them). 

Money is tight everywhere.. getting access (esp affordable access) to school facilities continues to be a growing challenge.  Facility costs this year were twice what they were last year.. That's pretty sad as a community-oriented 501c3 non-profit..

I will make a sincere attempt to slip back into the Parrot Cage more regularly and clean up old droppings..

Til then swing by the Blue Parrot Photo Gallery and check out the casts of this years shows....

No comments:

Post a Comment