Friday, September 24, 2010

Does Camas, Washougal, Vancouver.. Clark County as a whole embrace the Arts?

Just finished watching a streaming video of the National Endowment of the Arts discussing the idea of  'creative placemaking'..

I liked the dependencies identified between the arts and communities:
1. Arts contribute to livability
2. Arts nurture creativity and innovation
3. Arts help create a community identity
4. Arts develop the local community

BUT arts must be a 'full citizen' in the community.

Watch the video

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what the answer to your title question was? Though I don't live in Camas I have family that does. From what I've seen, Camas has rapidly grown just like many of the surrounding communities including Vancouver. When my daughter was born there 28 years ago Vancouver was much smaller. So what has happened there with the arts in the meantime?

    ReplyDelete